With the help and support of local residents, traders, business owners, schools and Town Council representatives, Hednesford In Partnership ‘HiP’ is working on short, medium and long term plans for Hednesford. Creating projects, identifying funding opportunities and creating a bank of volunteers to help make these projects happen.
The primary aims and objectives of the partnership are to :
- Facilitate collaboration between local bodies, to promote Hednesford as a great place in which to live, work, do business and visit.
- Combine the forces of local organisations in order to develop funding bids for community wide and specific local projects, thereby potentially attracting greater investment.
- Provide a transparent way for local organisations to share with each other information about the activities they are undertaking, their experiences, local intelligence and best practice.
- Assist with the promotion and coordination of community events and initiatives (such as dementia friendly community).
- Encourage individuals to volunteer in support of the work of community organisations and create a pool of volunteers to help across all groups and projects.