Advertising with Cannock Chase Radio
7 reasons to advertise on local commercial radio…
1. RADIO TALKS TO PEOPLE AT THE RIGHT TIME AND PLACE
Radio works in “real time” so ads can be run at just the time when people are most ready to be influenced by the message. For example, a leisure centre can advertise on a Friday night when people are planning their weekend; a car dealership can target the ‘drive time’ to reach people in car; a local retail outlet can advertise on Friday and Saturday morning to promote weekend offers.
Research shows that ads are far more effective when people are thinking about a related subject.
2. RADIO CAN TALK TO PEOPLE WHO ARE ONE CLICK AWAY
Recent research into surfing behaviour revealed that 20% of internet users are listening to radio at any time.
This is great news for businesses which use the web to bring customers in, as it means many of the listeners can go and check the website immediately.
3. RADIO REACHES OUT TO EVERYONE – INCLUDING NEW CUSTOMERS
While it’s easy to skip ad’s with Adblockers but radio ads are harder to avoid.
This means that radio is ideal for reaching out to new customers – they will hear the ads regardless of whether they think they are in the market or not.
4. RADIO REACHES THE RIGHT LOCAL AUDIENCES
Naturally the listeners to a local radio station are locals. But more importantly they are also the right kind of locals. Compared to the typical local newspaper readers, commercial radio listeners tend to be significantly younger.
This means they are more likely to have families and to spend more on shopping.
5. RADIO IS A ‘LOCAL FRIEND’ FOR LISTENERS
Listeners typically describe their favourite local radio station as a friend, and that friendship can be used by advertisers to change the way local people perceive them – to keep ahead of the competition.
This is especially true for branded content (sponsorships and promotions). If a radio presenter says that prizes are “thanks to our friends at Radical Hair Design”, listeners will begin to feel a warmer relationship with that company.
6. RADIO IS THE MOST FLEXIBLE MEDIUM
Business conditions can change fast, and radio is well set to meet those changes. Production of commercials is quick and relatively low-cost, and this allows local advertisers to put out just the right message at the right time. This flexibility works particularly well for advertisers who’s business changes fast with late deals, extended sales, reaction to news/ weather.
7. RADIO BUILDS LONG-TERM BRAND DOMINANCE
As the growth of Carphone Warehouse proved, small businesses can become much bigger businesses by using radio as their primary medium.
Because radio messages are repeated more often and have lower levels of avoidance, by the time a listener is ready to make a purchase, the retailer’s brand name and values are strongly established in their mind.
This is particularly true for brands which invest in sonic identities or jingles.
As the LOCAL radio station for Cannock, Cannock Chase Radio can support YOUR business through a range of cost-effective advertising!
If you thought you couldn’t afford to advertise on the radio – PLEASE THINK AGAIN!
There’s a FULL range of advertising and sponsorship packages to suit EVERY budget from the largest of companies to the local independent hair salon.
As well as advertising, we can also arrange sponsored or branded competitions and a range of other promotional opportunities.
Do you want to reach a larger audience?
Our focus at Cannock Chase Radio is on Cannock and the surrounding areas such as Hednesford, Rugeley, Norton Canes, Cheslyn Hay, Great Wyrley and Rawnsley.
Let Cannock Chase Radio make your Business work for you.
Local people need local tradesmen and women. We can offer affordable advertising for your company including full on air ads.
A web link and total support from our team of experts that want to put your business first for Cannock.
Why not jump on board with your Truly Local Radio source for Cannock and the surrounding areas. No one else can offer coverage of your company like we can!
Our six key objectives
Cannock Chase Radio is a popular, mainstream radio station, engaging with the local community through it’s diverse and unique range of programming.
- Provides a platform for local charitable organisations, community and volunteer groups.
- Supports local business through affordable and cost effective advertising via all platforms.
- Promotes local music alongside a mix of Classic Hits and diverse range of specialist programming.
- It provides a full service of local news and information including the most accurate travel news for the Cannock and the surrounding areas, sport, weather and what’s on information.
- Cannock Chase Radio gives the community the opportunity to be involved in every area of the radio station, in particular the disadvantaged and residents from all backgrounds.
Our Target Audience
- 35 – 55 (core over 45s)
- Equally split male/female
- Equally split ABC1 / C2DE
- Living in Cannock and the surrounding area
Our Brand Values
- Proudly local and Informative.
- Stylish. In touch with Cannock.
- Fresh and Innovative.
- Positive and aspirational. Reflecting the local community in a positive light.
- Articulate and Confident. Speaking the same language as the audience. We communicate with listeners as equals without talking down to them or ‘trying too hard’. Never down market or fake.
- Intelligent. Keeping you in touch with everything you need to know.
Our Brand Personality
- Full of life